Here are some tips to consider to improve energy efficiency at home.
Unplug electronics when not in use
- Unplug chargers of devices like mobile phones and tablets when not in use.
- Unplug rarely used appliances.
- Turn off power strips when not in use. Even standby mode uses energy.
Adjust the temperature
- Set your hot water heater between 43 °C to 49 °C.
- Set your thermostat lower during winter and higher in the summer. The lower temperature at night.
- Keep your curtains open to let natural sunlight in during winter, and close curtains in the summer.
Apply energy efficiency on appliances
- Run washing machine and dishwasher in full load.
- Clean the dryer filter.
- Keep the refrigerator door closed as often as possible. Check door’s seal to ensure it is tightly sealed and secured. The fridge shouldn’t be set any lower than 5ºC and -18ºC for freezers.
- Avoid pre-heating or opening the oven door unless necessary.
- Invest in Energy Star Label appliances.
Don’t overpay for the energy you’re using, with Econnex we want to give you the best. We offer plans that fit your needs and works within your budget. Find out more about our plans here.