Compare iPhone Plans & Prices
If it’s an Apple iPhone you are interested in, there are plenty of iPhone plans on the market to choose from. This includes iPhone Post Paid phone plans, and SIM Only Post Paid Plans and Pre Paid Plans.
iPhone Post Paid phone plans are not cheap compared to many other phone plans on the market. There are however some relatively cheap plans available if you are willing to search them out. You can also opt for a cheaper SIM Only plan for your iPhone if you don’t need a new handset.
Econnex runs an easy-to-use, independent, non-biased comparison engine that can help you find the cheapest iPhone plans by allowing you to explore all the different options on the market that match your needs.
What are the differences between the types of iPhone plans available?
- iPhone Post Paid phone plans – where you are provided with a new iPhone as well as mobile services.
- SIM Only Post Paid Plans – these include mobile services only, which means you will need to provide your own iPhone device.
- Pre Paid Plans – SIM Only plans where you pay keep your current device and pay for mobile services in advance and top up as you go.
What is an iPhone?
The iPhone first appeared on the market in 2007. An iPhone is a mobile smartphone designed and made by Apple and which runs on the iOS operating system. It comprises a mobile phone, iPod, digital camera and mini-computer.
iPhones generally cost more to buy than other types of mobile phone such as Androids, but nevertheless remain very popular for several reasons. This includes the prestige and reputation of the Apple brand, and the fact that iPhones offer a secure operating system, lovely digital displays, polished design, and are easy to use.
Popular iPhone models in 2019 include the iPhone 11, iPhone XR, iPhone 11 Pro and 11 Pro Max, iPhone 8 and 8 Plus, and iPhone XS and XS Max.
iPhones can be relatively expensive to buy outright, although it depends on the user’s budget. For someone wanting a brand new iPhone without paying for it now, an iPhone plan can be an affordable way to obtain one. However, you can also get cheap iPhone plans where you keep using your existing handset.
iPhone plans with a phone included are less widely available than Android phone plans and can only be obtained through the major networks.
iPhone Post Paid Phone Plans
If you want a new iPhone included in your plan you will need to commit to a contract where you pay a set amount each month. These types of plans are typically 12, 24 or 36 months in length to allow you time to pay off the iPhone.
However, there are month-to-month plans available that don’t require committing to a contract. For example, you can get Telstra iPhone plans where you agree to a contract to pay off the device, but you can choose a plan to go with it that is month-to-month and that you can upgrade at any time. You can also choose the contract length in which to pay off the iPhone (e.g. 24 or 36 months).
Some plans (e.g. at Optus) also offer the option of paying little or nothing for the iPhone and trading it up at the end of the contract period for a new one (providing the old one is returned in good condition).
Post Paid Phone Plans also generally cost a bit more per month than plans that don’t include a new device. In some cases, the prices are also clearly split into two components – one part for the plan and the other for the device repayment.
If you enter a contract plan and exit it before the term ends, you will most likely need be charged an exit fee. You will also be required pay off any outstanding balance on device. Plans that include a new device are only available directly from the three big networks – Telstra, Optus and Vodafone. You cannot source these plans from the smaller retailers.
iPhone Post Paid phone plans can offer lots of benefits. These include:
- you can get the latest iPhone model without having to pay for it upfront;
- some additional inclusions and benefits – such as data-free sports and music streaming, and cool apps such as Apple TV;
- unlimited data (in some plans) where extra data used comes in at a slower speed;
- you get to use the services you want now, and pay later at the end of the month or billing period;
- you are provided with greater reliability in that you don’t have to worry about running out of data, such as you might with a Pre Paid Plan.
iPhone Pre Paid Plans
Pre Paid Plans never include a new device and are therefore always SIM Only. Where they differ from Post Paid SIM Only is that you pay in advance for the services you want to use, rather than after you’ve used them. This means that once your data runs out or expires you will need to top it up before you can continue using your iPhone.
These days you can get some great Pre Paid cheap iPhone plan deals. Here are some of the benefits:
- no lock-in contracts, which puts you in control of how much data and other services you use and when you use them;
- you never have to worry about contract exit fees;
- you can switch or upgrade plans when you like without penalty;
- could be an ideal option for a short-term or temporary plan;
- could suit situations where you want to pass an existing iPhone on to your kids or an overseas visitor or use it as a spare phone;
- they allow you to test out various plans before committing to one you like;
- there is none of the ‘bill shock’ effect that can come with Post Paid Plans.
Compare Apple iPhone Deals with Econnex
Whether you want an iPhone plan that comes with a new phone or is SIM Only, Econnex comparison engine can help you find the deal that best matches your needs.
Also, Econnex comparison engine operates completely independently. This means that any recommendations you see are the real deal in that they come without any preference or bias. Instead, when you use the Econnex engine, what you get is easy-to-understand clear comparisons of the top deals in the market where any savings are shown in real dollar amounts and not in percentages.
So, if you are looking for a cheap iPhone plan that is SIM Only or one that includes the latest iPhone device, the best option for you is just a search and a click away.
How to use the comparison engine
To find the best personal iPhone plan, select ‘personal’ from the Connection Type dropdown and select your preferences from the other two dropdown boxes. You will also need to set the sliders for your preferred data and price ranges, then press ‘Start’ to return a range of plans that match your needs.
Business iPhone plans either include a new device or are SIM Only Post Paid. To find plans to match your needs select the Business (1-9 Connections) option from the comparison engine Connection Type dropdown. Also enter your preferences from the other two dropdown boxes, set the sliders for your preferred data and price ranges, then press ‘Start’ to return the range of matched iPhone plans.
Whether you are looking to upgrade your old iPhone or simply want to find a better iPhone deal, Econnex can simplify the process for you and take some of the stress out of it. It’s just a matter of entering your requirements and preferences into the search engine fields, to see a range of the best mobile plans to match your needs.