Privacy Collection Notice
CIMET Sales Pty Ltd ABN 72 620 395 726 (CIMET, we, us, or our) trading as Econnex Comparison helps you compare a range of credit products and credit card issuers (Comparison Service) through our comparison platform. We understand that protecting your personal information is important, hence this Privacy Collection Notice describes how we collect and handle your personal information when you access the Comparison Service through our comparison platform.
CIMET collects and uses your personal information:
- for the purpose of providing you with the Comparison Service and to pass the details to the chosen credit card issuer to facilitate the credit application;
- to manage any enquiries or complaints you have regarding the Comparison Service or the application transferred to the chosen credit card issuer;
- to access your credit score for conducting a soft credit check as an ‘Access Seeker’ via Equifax to assess your eligibility for the chosen credit product;
- for the purpose of market and product research analysis and carrying out internal functions including financial reconciliation;
- to identify products, services, and promotional offers that CIMET thinks may be of interest to you and inform you of them by contacting you through any of the communication methods you have disclosed in connection with your use of the Comparison Service unless you inform us you do not wish to be contacted; if you make contact with us via our call centre or any other method regarding an enquiry or complaint in connection with the Comparison Service. In this instance your personal information will only be collected where required to address your query or complaint; and
- for internal record keeping to comply with the applicable laws.
CIMET may disclose your personal information:
- to any credit card issuer whose credit product you apply for, or any service provider acting on behalf of the credit card issuer;
- to the primary applicant, where you are the secondary credit card holder;
- to other people related to your account such as account signatories, joint account holders, or people who have authority on your account, as well as other persons where necessary to execute your instructions;
- to related entities who support our business functions and use the personal information only for the purposes mentioned in this notice;
- to service providers who support our business functions. These providers help us with services such as providing communication software, supporting our electronic marketing activities, and general business functions. We take steps to ensure that all our service providers agree to protect the privacy and security of your personal information and that they only use it for the purposes in this notice; and to government and regulatory authorities and other organisations, or as otherwise required by or authorised under the Privacy Act 1988 (cth).
While we store personal information in Australia, where we disclose your personal information to our employees, contractors, and third parties including our related entities which may store, transfer, or access personal information outside of Australia, including but not limited to the United States of America, Ireland, United Kingdom, Netherlands, the Philippines, and India.
If you do not provide your personal information to us, it may affect our ability to provide our Comparison Service to you and your use of our Comparison Service.
If you have questions about our privacy practices or want to access or correct your information or have any privacy issues, please contact us at:
CIMET Sales Pty Ltd
Level 18/570 George Street
Sydney NSW 2000
By providing your personal information to us, you agree to the collection, use, storage, and disclosure of that information as described in this privacy collection notice.