Most businesses today use computers, printers, heaters, and other tools which need electricity to operate. Many of you are not aware that some of these devices use a large amount of energy. As a result, based on EnergyStar rating on average businesses waste 30% of the power they consume.
If you’re not yet doing anything to save energy at the workplace, it is a good start to know which office equipment consumes more energy.
Did you know that…
Watts used per hour
|1,320 watts||0.6 watts|
|69 watts||2 watts|
Mobile phone charger
Quick Tip: Watt is a unit of power that is generated or consumed.
What can you do?
Switching off devices when not in use is a very common technique to save energy. Now that you’re aware which equipment consumes more, these are the other things to implement to lessen your bills.
- Purchase heaters with timers. Also, clean and change filters regularly.
- Make sure to use a right-sized space heater. Remember the bigger it is, the more energy it consumes and vice versa.
- Dress adequately. Wear thick, long and layered clothes during winter. In summer, use cotton and more comfortable clothes. It lessens your need for temperature control.
- Consider coffeemaker that can be programmed to turn off completely, it surely reduces energy consumption.
- Use hot or warm water for cleaning your brewed maker, it keeps the device heating efficiently and prevents bacterial growth too.
- Use LED monitors as they are energy efficient. Monitors that are larger, with more colors and higher resolution use more electricity.
- Turn off the monitor instead of using a screensaver.
- Do not leave your PCs on an entire night. Switch them off and unplug them at the end of the day this will surely save you some bucks.
- Use battery saving mode by closing unnecessary programs, activate airplane mode and reduce brightness.
- Use a charger only when charging a laptop. Do not forget to unplug the charger after use, as it also consumes standby power.
- Purchase printers with an automatic “power down” feature. It lessens electricity use by over 65%.
- Consider sharing of hardware like printers, scanners or routers as these devices also consume electricity.
Finally, if you are still paying a lot, it’s a better idea to review your energy plans as you might being charge with expensive rates.
Don’t waste time and money. Check the best energy deal in your area today through Econnex.
- ACT (135)
- Bills and how to read them (8)
- Concession (16)
- Econnex (28)
- Electrical Safety Tips (8)
- Energy and the Government (2)
- Energy Discounts (25)
- Energy Distributors (12)
- Energy Saving Tips (20)
- General Energy Info (151)
- Home Appliances (12)
- NSW (135)
- QLD (136)
- SA (135)
- Solar Panels (1)
- Uncategorized (4)
- VIC (132)